Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon

Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon, how I love you Mr. Moon. You so surprised me this afternoon when I was walking around the natural area.  The sky was a beautiful, soft, blue with no clouds anywhere - I looked all around me and there was nothing but this dome of incredible blue. Then, maybe 15 minutes later I looked straight ahead and there you were - directly in front of me!  The sun was pouring its spring radiance all down my back, but there you were, out in front, not at all dimmed by your much bigger and brighter friend.  Both of you so strong, so beautiful and so pleasing. It was wonderful to see you.

And then tonight, there you were again, unexpectedly peeking in through Playmaker's skylight, winking at me! Obviously you knew the struggle I went through deciding whether or not I would go to yoga tonight. My other choice was to stay reclining in my chair, watching The Biggest Loser, eating the brownies Lou gave me today and drinking wine. I didn't feel going. Did you hear the conversation I had with me? It amazes me how much discussion there was about two diametrically opposed activities. Go, feel good, be proud or stay, regret and continue to feel like crap.  Once I gave myself permission to come home early, I knew I would go! I really, really wanted to go, but there was that part of me that wanted to make it icky. I went, I feel good and I'm so proud of me.

And Mr. Moon you still weren't done!  I didn't notice you driving home, but as soon as I stepped out of my garage, there you were - not very big, but shining so brightly. I love you too Mr. Moon.

Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon
Won't you whisper me a tune.
Hold me in your soft light
And keep me safe tonight,
Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment